Sunday, April 02, 2006

Introduction

Welcome to "The Media Situation Report 360!" I've been wanting to do a blog for a while that deals with analysis of the media and entertainment industries. When I was back in college going for my Broadcasting degree, one of my professors drove home the need to constantly have a critical eye of media because we will be the ones creating it. He emphasized that we need to know what's good and what's bad about it.

So I created this weblog as a way to share my thoughts on how the media creates entertainment, handles news items, or just tries to get their message across. This isn't going to be a report on what celebrity is doing what, but more of a place to talk about the media that are covering those celebrities. If there's a news item that was handled exceptionally well (or poorly!), then I'm going to talk about that too. Every now and then I'll talk about a really good or bad TV program or movie. This isn't a personal blog about my life, but you can find that on the side bar of this page. I have a lot to say about a lot of things, so I welcome you to subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog, sit back, and enjoy the reading.

Smiles, Michael

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this!

--rtb (but you know me as hen_n_chicks)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

Hello, and welcome. I'm your host, Michael Wolf Anderson Bill Stephen Blitzer Cooper O'Reilly Colbert Buttgen Sterling.
;-)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Michael Buttgen - The "Barefoot Voice" said...

You're in the Situation Report 360 Room!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home