Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ad Some More News, Will Ya?

The Kansas City Star has just redesigned their paper, printing it on new presses. It results in a smaller overall size, brighter colors, sharper pictures and text, and a more contemporary overall look. It really looks great!

What I DON'T like is how many freaking ads there are! I don't read the actual paper much, usually getting my news online. When I was browsing through the new paper yesterday I couldn't help but notice that the ads were essentially swallowing up the actual articles. In two side-by-side pages, maybe one little L-shaped corner of one page would have an article. EVERYTHING else is ads.

Now I understand The Star is in business to make money, but come on, folks. Let's not go overboard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, have you thought that maybe most other people are getting their news online, like yourself, and they're trying to keep their little paper afloat w/ more help from advertisements?! HUH!?! Just a thought to ponder ;) I do like the new design too! I felt like givin' ya a hard time...love ya Michael! :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home